|Little Falls After School Climbing||Thursday, May 2||3:30–7:30pm||Sign up at the Main Desk.||Free for members.
$15 for non-members
|Outdoor Community Ropes Course||Thursday, May 16||Starts at 4:30pm
|Sign up at the Main Desk.||Free for members.
$20 for non-members.
|Rock Climbing at Little Falls||Saturday, May 18||9:00am–3:00pm||Sign up at the Main Desk.||Free for members.
$30 for non-members
|Little Falls After School Climbing||Wednesday, May 29||3:30–7:30pm||Sign up at the Main Desk.||Free for members.
$15 for non-members
|Whitewater Kayaking Introduction||Saturday, June 8||Meet in the Main Lobby at 7:30am (Ages 12+).||Sign up at the Main Desk.||Free for members.
$50 for non-members
Indoor High Rock Wall Schedule
The High Rock Climbing Wall is open through April 27. Extended hours for Spring Break: Monday & Friday, 1:00–4:00pm. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 1:00–4:30pm & 5:00–8:00pm.
Open climbing special note: Any youth under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. If a climber has not completed their belay certification and are 12 years of age or older, that climber must participate in our belay school before participating in open climbing.
After School Climbing Schedule
|After school climbing special note: Youth under the age of 12 do not need to be accompanied by an adult. Climbers 12 and older and belayed certified can climb during any after school climbing times|
Open Climbing Schedule
|Open climbing special note: Any youth under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. If a climber has not completed their belay certification and are 12 years of age or older, that climber must participate in our belay school before participating in open climbing.|
Belay School Schedule
|Belay school special note: Anyone looking to become belay certified, please see Rock Wall Staff.|
About Open Climbing
The Adventure Department offers opening climbing hours on a walk-in basis to qualified climbers.
- "Qualified" means having the skills necessary to properly and safely manage the ropes—also known as belaying. Such climbers are able to climb whenever they want during Open Climbing Hours.
- Every climber at the Sports Center requires a belayer. That belayer may be a friend, family member, or staff person. Without a belayer lined up, you are not going to climb!
- Youth under the age of 12 must have adult supervision.
- All participants must have a signed Sports Center Assumption of Risk waiver form on file before using the Rock Wall. All youth under the age of 18 must have the form signed by a parent or guardian.
- The Sports Center's Rock Wall is a sports climbing facility, not an amusement center.
- Participants assume all risks in the use of personal climbing equipment.
About Private Instruction
One hour private and semi-private sessions are available for beginner, intermediate, and advanced climbers. Receive the special attention you need to target the appropriate techniques and challenges that you seek to conquer. Two hour rappelling lessons are available upon request.
Climbing Instruction Pricing
Special note: Semi-private instruction will have two or more participants climbing. Contact the Adventure Department by calling (607) 547-2800 to book your lesson!
- Private instruction for members: $25 per hour.
- Private instruction for non-members: $40 per hour.
- Semi-private instruction for members: $15 per hour.
- Semi-private instruction for non-members: $25 per hour.
About Belay School
Climbing is a two person activity, with one person climbing and the other controlling the ropes—belaying. Our belay classes teach participants how to safely control the ropes for their climbing partner, how to tie safe climbing knots, and communication commands. Every climber is required to take this class or must demonstrate a clear understanding prior to climbing.
Bouldering Rock Wall Schedule
Bouldering Wall Rules
- Children under 12 years of age must stay below the designated line.
- The wall is off limits during special events and league play.