Our 9th annual race will be held on Saturday, September 24, 2022. The race starts at 10:00am.
Virtual “A” race – 43 miles
Virtual “B” race – 23 miles
The 2020 race is VIRTUAL! You pick when to ride and also choose the course! Download the IYR VIRTUAL App on both apple and android devices. The App will let you track you time then upload it. Race times must be submitted by Monday, September 28. Post pictures of your ride and share on #clarksportscenterevents. If you prefer not to use the App follow the directions for posting your time. Submitting your race time:
- Go to the Drops to Hops results page, then select the results for your distance . The ItsYourRace results page for your distance will appear.
- Find your name in the results for your distance. With you name you will see an “Update Time” button. Click “Update Time.”
- If you are not currently logged into ItsYourRace, a login window will appear. Log in using your ItsYourRace user id (probably your email address) and password. Can’t remember ? Click “Forgot Your Password” to reset.
- Enter your time and click the “Save Your Time” button. That’s it!
Individual registration on or before September 27: $10
Note: Athletes must be 16 years old or older to participate.
Racers may register online by Sunday, September 27 at 8:00am. Race times must be submitted by Monday, September 28.
Race Waiver Form
All runners must have a Clark Sports Center waiver form on file. Children 18 and under must have this waiver signed by a parent. Waivers will be available on at the race or can be downloaded and printed from our site.
- The “A” ride (43 miles) is for experienced racers only. Men and women will race together.
- The “B” ride (23 miles) is a Citizen’s fun race. Despite being labeled as a race, we encourage riders of various levels to participate in the “B” field as long as they are comfortable with the distance and terrain. No experienced “licensed” racers will be allowed to ride in the “B” race. The “B” race will also be a shortened, less difficult route than the “A” course.
- We reserve the right to place riders in the field appropriate for their level of experience. If you hold a USA cycling license, you should register for the “A” race.
- All riders must wear approved helmets.
- The course will be open to traffic.
- Must be at least 16 years of age on race day.
- Ommegang will host a party at the finish line for racers and families. You must be 21 to drink.
- You may register at The Clark Sports Center or online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the race open to beginners? Yes! Beginner riders/racers are encouraged to register for the Citizens Race (“B” Ride).
Can I ride a mountain bike? You may ride a mountain bike or a single speed bike. Tri-bikes are not allowed. Due to insurance purposes, we cannot allow recumbent bicycles.
Are you affiliated with USA Triathlon? No, we are not.
What is the severe weather policy? We will make every effort to race, but safety is our #1 concern. If the forecasted weather is questionable, we will post updates to this event page about the race status, or you may call us at 547-2800 for information. Lightning and torrential flooding.
For all Drops to Hops questions, please contact Event Director, Doug McCoy, at (607) 547-2800, ext. 111.