COMMIT TO BE FIT Phase 2: Summer Boot Camp
About The Program
COMMIT TO BE FIT introduces the second stage in its year-long goal of healthy lifestyles! Summer Boot Camp, which will run June 4–August 17 offers an exciting, totally new and unique approach to fitness in the summertime.
How To Sign Up
Sign up for COMMIT TO BE FIT Phase 2: Summer Boot Camp, by visiting the Fitness Center Desk starting June 4, 2012. There is a $10 registration fee to new COMMIT TO BE FIT participants. If you are a returning COMMIT TO BE FIT participant, Phase 2 is free! Use the Summer months to have fun by getting into shape and challenging your limits!
Interested in what you could win by participating? Check out the prizes!
Seminars & Outings
Wondering how to complete the center circle of your Boot Camp Card? Check out program dates that we are offering!
Click here to visit the Challenge Information page to see what challenges entail!
Visit the Downloads tab for monthly calendars!
Guidelines • Phase 2
- Phase 2: Summer Boot Camp, runs June 4-August 17, 2012
- Must be a Clark Sports Center member and at least 18 years of age or older to participate in the program.
- Participants previously enrolled in Phase 1 of COMMIT TO BE FIT do not have to pay a registration fee. If new to COMMIT TO BE FIT, a $10 registration fee is required. This fee can be paid at the Fitness Center Desk beginning Monday, June 4. Participants can register at anytime.
- Each participant will be issued one Boot Camp Card upon registering.
- There are two options for completion of the levels: modified (blue) and advanced (red). If a participant decides to complete both sides of the circle, their name will be posted on a COMMIT TO BE FIT Summer Boot Camp plaque.
- When a challenge is complete, your Boot Camp Card must be hole punched at the Fitness Center Desk to verify that the challenge was completed.
- Each level must be completed one at a time. A notebook will be provided to help keep track of challenges, but it is not required.
- Challenges within a level do not have to be completed in order.
- Individual challenges do not have to be completed all at once. They may be broken down into separate days/times until completion.
- In order to move onto a higher level, all challenges must be complete in the current level. There are 6 levels total, with the 7th level marking total completion of the program.
- At least 6 out of 12 challenges (or 50%) in the inner circle must be completed by both modified and advanced paths. There is no order in which the inner circle challenges must be completed. They may be completed over the course of the summer.
- Prizes will be given out as each level is completed. There are 7 prize levels total.
- Challenge information sheets can be picked up at the Fitness Center Desk. The information sheets describe what the challenges in each level entail.
|Level 2||Flashlight Keychain|
|Level 3||Group Fitness Class Ticket|
|Level 5||Lunch Bag Cooler|
|Level 6||Drawstring Backpack|
|Level 7: Completion||Dry-wicking T-shirt|
More About the Program
Visit the Commit To Be Fit page for more information about the program,how to register, program guidelines, and special downloads!
Monday, June 11 • Ticks and Lyme Disease, presented by Peggy Benjamin from 12:30–1:30pm in the Conference Room
Thursday, June 28 • Ticks and Lyme Disease, presented by Peggy Benjamin from 6:00–7:00pm in the Conference Room
Monday, July 9 • "Move Well, Eat Well, Think Well: A chiropractic perspective on Wellness," presented by Dr. Matt & Jill Craig from 12:30–1:30pm in the Conference Room
Thursdya, July 26 • "Move Well, Eat Well, Think Well: A chiropractic perspective on Wellness," presented by Dr. Matt & Jill Craig from 6:00–7:00pm in the Conference Room
Boot Camp Classes
All Boot Camp Classes are scheduled to take place outside (weather permitting). If the weather is bad, classes will take place in the Studio.
Tuesday, June 19 • 8:15–9:25am with Maureen
Wednesday, June 27 • 5:30–6:30pm with Laurie
Thursday, July 12 • 8:15–9:25am with Maureen
Monday, July 30 • 5:30–6:30 with Laurie
Check out the Adventure Outing Schedule for a list of upcoming Rock Climbing Trips, Mountain Hikes, and Outdoor Ropes Courses!
Just "Du" It Duathlon
For more information on our Duathlon on Saturday, June 9, check out our website!
Community Volunteer Day
For more information on the BASE Race on Saturday, August 11, check out our website!
Modified Boot Camp Card
(Levels 1, 5 & 6 will be posted soon!)
Level 1 (PDF, 196kb).
Level 5 (PDF, 196kb).
Level 6 (PDF, 196kb).