About The Program
Welcome to The Clark Sports Center's COMMIT TO BE FIT program! This program is designed to help members lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.
COMMIT TO BE FIT has an easy to follow points system that will credit members for not just weight loss, but for activity and education toward long term healthy living. The more points you earn, the better chance you have of earning a larger membership credit at the end. The participant with the highest total points will be awarded the grand prize, a One Year Adult Membership.
This program is a commitment to yourself to live a healthy life. When you sign up you will be given a Passport to Fitness. The Passport contains program information and weekly logs to keep track of what you eat and the activities you participate in. You will also receive weekly handouts to be added such as recipes, suggested exercises and challenges to earn point bonuses.
There is a $10 registration fee. If you complete the program with a minimum of 50 points, the $10 will be credited to your membership along with any rewards for the points you have accumulated. A better way for fitness is a commitment to be fit. Challenge your limits!
How To Sign Up
Sign up for COMMIT TO BE FIT beginning Monday, January 4, 2016 at the Fitness Center Desk. Participants may register at any time throughout the program! The program will run Monday, January 11–Sunday, April 10, 2016.
There is a $10 registration fee. Use the three months after you sign up to have fun, exercise, get healthy, lose some pounds and receive credit on your next membership bill!
Points & Membership Credits
Click here to visit the Points & Membership Credits page to see how you earn points and what membership credits are offered.
Healthy Living Workshop Series
Visit the Healthy Living Workshop Series tab for the schedule of lectures.
Visit the Challenges tab for the weekly challenge, monthly challenge, app challenge, and a schedule of free group fitness classes!
Guidelines • Phase 1
- Must be a member and 18 or older to participate.
- The program registration fee is $10.
• Registration for the program takes place in the Health & Fitness Department.
- Activity must be recorded on your Clark Sports Center App or your (optional) Passport to Fitness to earn points.
- Points are a numerical value that reports how much activity has taken place. They are earned through activity completed, activity challenges, and weight loss. There will be additional opportunities to earn points throughout the program featured on our website and at the Fitness Center.
- On-campus Points can only be earned during operating hours.
- Shortly after the end of the program (April 10), membership credits will be rewarded to participants in descending order from the most points earned to the least. The more points an individual has, the better the chance they have of earning a higher membership credit.
• The most efficient way to record your activity is through The Clark Sports Center app available through the Apple App Store or through Google Play. If your device is not compatible, please use the Apple Ipad, located in the Fitness Center. If you need any assistance with the use of The Clark Sports Center App, please contact a Health & Fitness Department staff member.
• If you sync your wearable device with the App (Fit Bit, Jawbone, etc.), only activity logged in will be counted, not the activity that correlates with your daily usage of the wearable.
- If you choose to use the Passport to Fitness, On-site staff must stamp and initial your documents after each activity has taken place in order to verify points were earned. Off campus activity must be recordable (ie Race Bib).
- Passports must be checked in bi-weekly. If you fail to check in your passport, you will not receive the points you earned.
- Each participant is allowed one “mulligan,” in which points will be added to a week missed (i.e. away on vacation). The amount of points for a mulligan will be equal to your weekly average throughout the course of the program and will not be added until the end.
- There will be seminars and classes offered throughout the program. They will be free to COMMIT TO BE FIT participants.
- If participants earn a minimum of 50 points, they will receive a membership credit of at least $10 at the end of the program.
- If a Passport is lost, a new one may be reissued
|CSC On-Campus Activity||1 hour||2|
|CSC On-Campus Seminar||1 (Limit 1 per month, time included in points earned)||7|
|Off-Campus Activity||1 Activity||1|
|Weekly Bonus Challenge||1||5|
|Monthly Bonus Challenge||1||10|
|Weekly Recipe Winner||Best Overall||5|
CSC On-Campus Activity • Activity that takes place on the Sports Center Grounds (ex. Walking on the Indoor Track). Participants may include activity that starts and ends at the Sports Center (i.e. Going for a run into town and back).
CSC On-Campus Seminar • The Sports Center will be hosting Health & Wellness related seminars throughout the program. There is a limit of 1 per month, and the amount of time present will not count for points.
Off-Campus Activity • Activity that takes place off the Sports Center Grounds (ex. Skiing or snow boarding for the day at Windham). Participants must bring proof that the activity had taken place (i.e. Lift tickets or race bibs).
Pounds Lost • For every pound that participants lose, they will receive 2 points. The only time weight will be recorded is during the first and last week of the program. In the Passport to Fitness, there is a section in each week of the program to document weight for your own records.
Weekly Bonus Challenge • Weekly Bonus challenges will be featured on our website and at the Sports Center. These challenges will be changing each week. They are worth 5 points and may be counted only once each week.
Monthly Bonus Challenge • Monthly Bonus challenges will be featured on our website and at the Sports Center. These challenges will change each month. They are worth 10 points and may be counted only once each month.
Weekly Recipe Winner • Participants are encouraged to submit healthy recipes each week at the Fitness Center Desk. A winner will be selected each week and will receive 2-5 points. Only 1 win is permitted per individual.
App Challenge • Activity fully based on the Clark Sports Center Mobile App. Challenges will be issued, and points will be given based on participation and completion. Each Challenge must be “Joined” to enter.
|Place||Ages 18-29||Ages 30-39||Ages 40-49||Ages 50-59||Ages 60-69||Ages 70+|
|Overall||The 1st Place Winners in each age category will be put in a drawing to win a free One Year Adult Membership!|
|4th & 5th Place||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20|
|Participants with at least 50 points||$10||$10||$10||$10||$10||$10|
More About the Program
Visit the Commit To Be Fit page for more information about the program,how to register, program guidelines, and special downloads!
Health & Wellness Seminars
Each month, two health & wellness seminars will be presented in the Conference Room on a variety of subjects. COMMIT TO BE FIT members will be able to attend these lecture for free! Members in attendance will be awarded 7pts (limit 1 per month).
During the month of February, the film Fed Up (2014, 1hr 32 mins, Rated PG) will act as our seminar. The documentary examines America’s obesity epidemic and the food industry’s role in aggravating it.
Monday, February 8 & 22 • Part 1 (5pts)
Monday, February 15 & 29 • Part 2 (5pts)
Tuesday, February 23 • Full Movie (10pts)
Tuesday, February 25 • Full Movie (10pts)
Weekly Challenge • February 1–7
Spend 90 minutes in the Pool, either by swimming, aqua jogging, or taking part in an Aquatics Group Fitness class! To see what Aquatics Classes are offered, please view our Group Fitness Winter Session Schedule.
February Monthly Challenge
The Fed Up Challenge is a national campaign to break loose from the sugar industry’s powerful grip – with a particular focus on kids and schools! We’re asking individuals, kids, schools, parents and communities to join us in going sugar free for 10 days.
To join, click here.
February 1–14 • Calorie Challenge
Burn the most calories during these two weeks! Utilize the Clark Sports Center mobile app to record your progress! For more information on the app, please visit the Fitness Center Desk.
Group Fitness Classes
All Group Fitness classes will be free to members! Use this as an opportunity to earn points!