The COMMIT TO BE FIT wrap up party will take place on Thursday, April 9 from 5:00–7:00pm in the Conference Room.
About The Program
Welcome to The Clark Sports Center's COMMIT TO BE FIT program! This program is designed to help members lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.
COMMIT TO BE FIT has an easy to follow points system that will credit members for not just weight loss, but for activity and education toward long term healthy living. The more points you earn, the better chance you have of earning a larger membership credit at the end. The participant with the highest total points will be awarded the grand prize, a One Year Adult Membership.
This program is a commitment to yourself to live a healthy life. When you sign up you will be given a Passport to Fitness. The Passport contains program information and weekly logs to keep track of what you eat and the activities you participate in. You will also receive weekly handouts to be added such as recipes, suggested exercises and challenges to earn point bonuses.
There is a $10 registration fee. If you complete the program with a minimum of 50 points, the $10 will be credited to your membership along with any rewards for the points you have accumulated. A better way for fitness is a commitment to be fit. Challenge your limits!
How To Sign Up
Sign up for COMMIT TO BE FIT beginning Monday, January 5, 2015 at the Fitness Center Desk. Participants may register at any time throughout the program! The program will run until Friday, March 27, 2015.
There is a $10 registration fee. Use the three months after you sign up to have fun, exercise, get healthy, lose some pounds and receive credit on your next membership bill!
Points & Membership Credits
Click here to visit the Points & Membership Credits page to see how you earn points and what membership credits are offered.
Healthy Living Workshop Series
Visit the Healthy Living Workshop Series tab for the schedule of lectures.
Visit the Downloads tab for a schedule of free group fitness classes, weekly challenge download, and a monthly calendar!
Guidelines • Phase 1
- Must be a member and 18 or older to participate.
- The program registration fee is $10.
- Activity must be recorded in your Passport to Fitness to earn points.
- Points are a numerical value that reports how much activity has taken place. They are earned through activity completed, activity challenges, and weight loss. There will be additional opportunities to earn points throughout the program featured on our website and at the Fitness Center.
- On-campus Points can only be earned during operating hours.
- At the end of our first period (January–March), membership credits will be rewarded to participants in descending order from the most points earned to the least. The more points an individual has, the better the chance they have of earning a higher membership credit.
- On-site staff must stamp and initial your Passport to Fitness after each activity has taken place in order to verify points were earned. Off campus activity must be recordable (ie Race Bib).
- Passports must be checked in bi-weekly. If you fail to check in your passport, you will not receive the points you earned.
- Each participant is allowed one "mulligan," in which points will be added to a week missed (i.e. away on vacation). The amount of points for a mulligan will be equal to the point total from your previous week.
- There will be seminars and classes offered throughout the program. They will be free to COMMIT TO BE FIT participants.
- If participants earn a minimum of 50 points, they will receive a membership credit of at least $10 at the end of the program.
- If a Passport is lost, a new one may be reissued.
|CSC On-Campus Activity||1 hour||2|
|CSC On-Campus Seminar||1 (Limit 1 per month, time included in points earned)||7|
|Off-Campus Activity||1 Activity||1|
|Weekly Bonus Challenge||1||5|
|Monthly Bonus Challenge||1||10|
|Weekly Recipe Winner||1 (Only 1 win is permitted per individual)||10|
CSC On-Campus Activity • Activity that takes place on the Sports Center Grounds (ex. Walking on the Indoor Track). Participants may include activity that starts and ends at the Sports Center (i.e. Going for a run into town and back).
CSC On-Campus Seminar • The Sports Center will be hosting Health & Wellness related seminars throughout the program. There is a limit of 1 per month, and the amount of time present will not count for points.
Off-Campus Activity • Activity that takes place off the Sports Center Grounds (ex. Skiing or snow boarding for the day at Windham). Participants must bring proof that the activity had taken place (i.e. Lift tickets or race bibs).
Off-Campus Seminar • Participants are encouraged to take part in surrounding areas Health & Wellness related seminars or workshops (ex. Healthy eating demonstration at Bassett). Participants must bring proof that the activity has taken place (i.e. receipts).
Pounds Lost • For every pound that participants lose, they will receive 2 points. The only time weight will be recorded is during the first and last week of the program. In the Passport to Fitness, there is a section in each week of the program to document weight for your own records.
Weekly Bonus Challenge • Weekly Bonus challenges will be featured on our website and at the Sports Center. These challenges will be changing each week. They are worth 5 points and may be counted only once each week.
Monthly Bonus Challenge • Monthly Bonus challenges will be featured on our website and at the Sports Center. These challenges will change each month. They are worth 10 points and may be counted only once each month.
Weekly Recipe Winner • Participants are encouraged to submit healthy recipes each week at the Fitness Center Desk. A winner will be selected each week and will receive 10 points. You can only win once.
|Place||Ages 18-29||Ages 30-39||Ages 40-49||Ages 50-59||Ages 60-69||Ages 70+|
|Overall||The 1st Place Winners in each age category will be put in a drawing to win a free One Year Adult Membership!|
|4th & 5th Place||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20|
|Participants with at least 50 points||$10||$10||$10||$10||$10||$10|
More About the Program
Visit the Commit To Be Fit page for more information about the program,how to register, program guidelines, and special downloads!
Health & Wellness Seminars
Each month, two health & wellness seminars will be presented in the Conference Room on a variety of subjects. COMMIT TO BE FIT members will be able to attend these lecture for free! Members in attendance will be awarded 7pts (limit 1 per month).
Wednesday, March 18, 7:00–8:00pm • Robert Fiorentino, LMT, will speak on "Spring Training: Transitioning from Indoor to Outdoor Activity"
Thursday, March 19, 1:00–2:00pm • Robert Fiorentino, LMT, will speak on "Spring Training: Transitioning from Indoor to Outdoor Activity"
March Monthly Challenge
Before COMMIT TO BE FIT concludes on Friday, March 27, spend 30 minutes in each of the following Clark Sports Center areas:
Group Fitness Class
Bowling Alley (Play 1 game during Open Bowling hours)
Activity must be completed throughout the month of March.
It does not all have to be done at once!
Weekly Recipe, Featured Exercise & Weekly Challenge
Group Fitness Classes
All Group Fitness classes will be free to members! Use this as an opportunity to earn points!