Day Care Information
Day Care is available in the Conference Room for members and guests who are using The Clark Sports Center on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 8:30-11:30am.
Children ages 8 weeks to 5 years (who have not started kindergarten) may participate. The staff ratio is 1:6, with two staff members present at all times. Snacks are provided. Diapers and bottles must be supplied and all belongings must be labeled.
Day Care Fees
Day Care is $4.00 per hour (minimum of $4.00). Day Care must be paid for on the day of service.
Special Note: CCS Snow Days & Delays
There will be no Day Care held in the Conference Room on a Cooperstown Central School snow day or in the event of a school delay.
Please observe and adhere to the following rules and guidelines when using the lockers and locker rooms:
- Men’s and Women’s locker rooms are for members and guests 21 years of age and older. Boys and Girls locker rooms are for youths 5–20 years of age.
- Preschoolers under the age of 5 may be accompanied by their parents into the adult locker room.
- Parents bringing a preschooler of the opposite gender for an open swim may ask to use the locker room for the physically disabled (once a child turns 5 years old and/or starts kindergarten, they must use the appropriate locker room for their gender).
- Locker rooms for the physically disabled are available. Please check in at the Main Desk for a key.
- Members and guests may use the locker rooms for up to 30 minutes after program areas close at night.
- Day lockers are available by request at the Main Desk for members. Coin operated lockers are available for guests. Belongings cannot be left in these lockers overnight.
- Saunas are located in the adult locker rooms and may be used by persons 21 years or older.
- Shower towels can be rented at the Main Desk for 50¢.
Please note that The Clark Sports Center is not responsible for articles left unattended in the locker rooms or any other part of the building.
Lost and Found
The Lost and Found is located in the laundry room. Please ask for assistance. Jewelry, wallets, and items of value will be kept at the Main Desk. When the Lost and Found area is overflowing, all items are donated to a local charity after two weeks. Do not leave belongings unattended. The Clark Sports Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Small stores are located at the Main Desk and Fitness Center Desk. Bathing suits, goggles, reflective vests, water bottles, wristbands, T-shirts, racquets, racquetballs, squash balls, tennis balls, shampoo, conditioner, combs, and other sports and personal equipment are available for purchase.
Loving Education at Home Schedule
The program brochure includes schedules for grades K–2, 3–5, 6–8, and 9–12. Hardcopies are given out on the first day of the program. Additional copies can be requested from the program coordinator.
Program Information, Rules & Guidelines
The Loving Education at Home program meets every Tuesday from 1:00 to 3:00pm beginning October 2, 2012 until May 28, 2013. Participants should adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
- All students must be members in good standing of the LEAH program and have a signed waiver in order to participate in the program offered at The Clark Sports Center.
- Parents and students are encouraged to ask questions about programming or other issues by contacting the LEAH coordinator who will contact The Clark Sports Center staff.
- Adult family members may use the facilities by paying the daily guest fee at the junior rate and by signing a waiver.
- The LEAH program will not be held anytime that the Cooperstown School District has a snow or vacation day.
- All participants in the programs at The Clark Sports Center are expected to behave in a safe and considerate manner.
- Students are expected to remain in their instructional area for the duration of the allotted time period.
- Upon arrival, students will leave coats, boots, packs, and other belongings on the bleachers in the gym floor area.
- Students should dress in comfortable athletic clothing with non-marking sneakers, and must bring a bathing suit and towel.
- Food and drink should remain in the "pit" area downstairs or in the upper level of the bowling alley.