Monday, March 26 – March 30, 2018 • 9:00am–5:00pm with lunch breaks
Course includes American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer, and American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding Module. Register online.
- Participants must be at least 15 years old, proof of age required on first day
- Participants must pass the following pretest on the first day
- Must be able to continuously swim 550 yards (11 laps/22 lengths) of a combination of front crawl and breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes without using your hands
- Swim 25 yards, retrieve a brick from 8 ft, swim 25 yards on your back with the brick, exit the pool with the brick in 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Swim 5 yards, submerge, swim 15 yards underwater retrieving 3 rings placed 5 yards apart. Surface and swim the remaining 5 yards with the rings
- Participants must come to all scheduled classes
- Participants must complete all skills competently, and pass the written exams with a score of 80% or higher
Please be prepared to be in the water each day, swimsuit, towel (more than one is helpful). Please bring a lunch each day as well.
Cost (both include a non-refundable deposit): Members $275.00; Non-Members $350.00. A minimum of six people must be signed up for training in order for the course to run. Maximum of 10 participants.
For more information, contact Lindsey Bailey by calling (607) 547-2800, ext. 114.