Aquatics Center Rules & Guidelines
Aquatics Center Guidelines
- Adult members and youth members 12-18 may use the facility.
- Masks must be worn on the pool deck, if not fully vaccinated.
- According to NYS all swimmers must shower before entering the pool area. This is head to toe!
- All patrons must wear proper swimming attire: no t-shirts, cut-offs, basketball shorts, underwear etc.
- Swimmers (kindergarten-15 years old) must pass the swim test to swim without an adult in the aquatic center/the deep areas of the pools.
- No running in the aquatics area (deck, balcony, locker rooms or pool activity room).
- Spectators for all activities must be on the balcony.
- No street shoes on deck.
- No diving allowed in the teaching/therapy pool, lap pool (unless for competitive swimming with a certified coach).
- No pushing, shoving or general horseplay allowed in the aquatics area (locker rooms, pool activity room, deck, etc.).
- Long hair must be tied back or in a swimming cap.
- Chewing gum and loose Band-Aids are prohibited.
- All swimmers must use the appropriate locker rooms to change, the pool deck, balcony and hallways are not changing rooms. We have family changing rooms available to parents with small children and the physically disabled.
- No food or drink or glass containers are allowed in Aquatics area including the balcony areas (food and drink allowed in pool activity room for special events: i.e. pool parties)
- Patrons must follow all of the Aquatic Center rules posted in the Aquatic Center area and all other directions of the Lifeguards on duty.
- Lifeguards will enforce the above rules and may suspend violators.