American Red Cross Lifeguarding with Waterfront Blended Learning Course
Tuesday, April 4–Friday, April 7, 2023
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm, every day.
Members and Non-Members are welcome. Blended Learning is a course that requires at home online course completion (approximately 7 hours) and in person class sessions.
- Member Price: $300.00 (includes a $50.00 non-refundable deposit)
- Non- Member Price: $350.00 (includes a $50.00 non-refundable deposit)
Class Capacity: Maximum of 6 Participants (Must have at least 4 participants to run the course)
Registration and payment must be completed online by Wednesday, March 29, 2023. Following the registration closure, participants will be emailed class instructions, required waivers and the link to the online portion of the course on Tuesday, March 28, 2023. All online lessons must be completed by the first class (Tuesday April 4, 2023) and proof of completion must be provided.
There are additional COVID guidelines that will be followed for this course:
- Participants 15–18 years of age and non-members cannot use the rest of the facility without purchasing a day pass.
- Participants under 18 must change in the Girls and Boys Locker rooms. Participants that are 18 and out of high school must use the Men’s and Women’s Locker rooms.
Please bring proof of age (must be 15), participants online class completion certificate (digital or printed) and completed waivers to the first class. Passports, driver’s license and birth certificates are acceptable forms of ID.
All participants must complete all online lessons and pass the prerequisite swim skills in order to continue the course.
Prerequisite swim skills are the following:
- Swim 550 yards continuously (Front Crawl and/or Breaststroke).
- Swim 25 yards, retrieve a 10 pound brick from 8 feet, surface and return 25 yards with the brick, exit the water with the brick within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without hands.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge, retrieve 3 rings (without surfacing) placed approximately 5 yards apart (total of at least 15 yards underwater), surface after retrieving the 3rd ring and swim the rest of the way.
To pass the course the participants must attend all classes, show competency in all skills and pass the written tests with a score of 80% or better. Please bring a swimsuit, a couple towels, and a lunch to each class.