American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding with Waterfront Full Certification Class
Monday–Thursday, June 10-13 & Monday, June 17
Fee (includes $50 non-refundable deposit): $275 for members or $350 for non-members.
Please register online, May 31–June 6.
What is blended learning?
- 7-9 hours of at home learning (web-based) that must be completed by the first day of in water skills and you must provide the certificate of completion provided at the end of the learning sessions by the American Red Cross (Link to the course will be sent by email).
- Complete all eLearning content, including the eLearning written exam (CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers & First Aid).
- Proof of Age prior to the pre-requisite skill evaluation (birth certificate, passport, driver’s license). Must be 15 years of age by the end of the course.
- Participants must pass on eLearning content (before 6/10) and the Pre-requisite skills (on 6/10), skill list will be sent in the instruction email) in order to continue with the in water portion of the course.
- Attend the entire course and actively participate in all class sessions and activities (including assuming various roles during scenarios). Be prepared to be in the water each day. Bring a swimsuit & towel (more than one is helpful).
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Pass the final skills scenarios.
- Successfully pass final written exams with a minimum grade of 80%. If a participant fails to reach the minimum 80% on the final written exam, a retest is allowed using the other version of the exam, provided that the learner has passed the final skills assessment.
For more information, please contact the Aquatics Department at (607) 547-2800, ext. 114.