American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard Training Course
Monday, February 17–Friday, February 21, 2020 • 9:00am-5:00pm
Must attend all classes. Bring a lunch every day.
Cost (includes non-refundable deposit): Members $275; Non-Members $350. Register online. Course includes: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer, and American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding Module.
• Participants must be at least 15 years old, proof of age required on first day
• Participants must pass the following pretest on the first day
• Must be able to continuously swim 550 yards (11 laps/22 lengths) of a combination of front crawl & breaststroke
• Tread water for 2 minutes without using your hands
• Swim 25 yards, retrieve a brick from 8 ft, swim 25 yards on your back with the brick, exit the pool with the brick in 1min 40secs
• Swim 5yds, submerge, swim 15yds underwater retrieving 3 rings placed 5yds apart. Surface and swim the remaining 5yds with the rings
• Participants must come to all scheduled classes
• Participants must complete all skills competently, and pass the written exams with a score of 80% or higher
For more information, please contact the Aquatics Department at (607) 547-2800, ext. 114.