The Clark Foundation, through an Outward Bound Scholarship Program, offers students and educators an annual opportunity to enroll in an Outward Bound Wilderness Course. The student Scholarship, open to grades nine through eleven, has included canoeing or sailing in Maine. Educators are able to select any open-enrollment Outward Bound Wilderness course in the United States.
- Cherry Valley-Springfield Central School
- Cooperstown Central School
- Edmeston Central School
- Gilbertsville-Mount Upton Central School
- Laurens Central School
- Milford Central School
- Morris Central School
- Mount Markham Central School
- OAOC BOCES, Milford
- Owen D. Young Central School
- Richfield Springs Central School
- Schenevus Central School
- Worcester Central School
Applicants must submit applications to their school coordinator. During the months of January and February, representatives of The Clark Foundation present information sessions at each school, and coordinators set deadlines for applications. Nominations are submitted to The Clark Foundation, and letters of invitation are sent out in March.
- Applicants for the High School Outward Bound Scholarship Program must be current students in grades nine through eleven at one of the participating schools.
- Applicants for the Educator Outward Bound Scholarship Program must be employed as teachers or administrative staff at one of the participating schools.
For more information on any of these exciting opportunities, interested parties should contact the Outward Bound Scholarship Coordinator in their participating school, or The Clark Sports Center Adventure Department by calling 547-2800.