Preschool Swim Lessons are for members only. Call the Main Desk to register and complete payment. Block 4 registration runs February 9-15. Block 4 runs February 23–April 11.
- 6-35 months (with parent): Wednesdays, 9:00-6:30 & Saturdays, 10:35-11:05;
- Ducks (Level 1): Thursdays, 1:30–2:00pm, Thursdays, 6:00–6:30pm & Saturdays, 11:10–11:40am;
- Frogs (Level 2): Thursdays, 1:30–2:00pm, Thursdays, 6:00–6:30pm & Saturdays, 11:10–11:40am;
- Octopi (Level 3): Tuesdays, 6:00–6:30pm, Thursdays, 2:00–2:30pm & Saturdays, 11:45am–12:15pm.
- Dolphins (Level 4): Tuesdays, 6:00–6:30pm, Thursdays, 2:00–2:30pm & Saturdays, 11:45am–12:15pm.
School Age (K-12) Lessons
Grade School Age Swim Lessons are free for members and take place after school and on Saturdays. Block 4 registration runs February 9-15. Block 4 runs February 23–April 11.
- Level 1: Thursdays, 3:00–3:30, Tuesdays, 6:35–7:05, & Saturdays, 10:00–10:30 ;
- Level 2 (Shallow): Thursdays, 3:00–3:30pm, Tuesdays, 6:35–7:05pm & Saturdays, 9:25–9:55am;
- Level 2 (Deep): Tuesdays, 3:00–3:30pm, Thursdays, 6:35–7:05pm & Saturdays 8:50–9:20am;
- Level 3: Mondays, 3:00–3:30pm, Thursdays,
6:35–7:05pm, & Saturdays 8:15–8:45am;
- Level 4, 5 & 6: Mondays, 3:00–3:30pm & Saturdays 8:15–8:45am.
Swim Class Guidelines and Policies
Attendance • Is not mandated, but is required to gain the full benefit of learning and improving personal swimming skills. All class participants are required to attend class on time.
Class Level • If your child is not placed in the correct level we will accommodate changes for the correct level. Please ensure correct class placement by speaking to Matt Phillips or Lindsey Bailey.
Substitutes • Sometimes substitute teachers are necessary. We apologize for any inconvenience or disruption that this may cause. If you have any specific concerns regarding our teachers, please feel free to contact Matt Phillips, the Aquatics Director.
Locker Rooms • Please comply with the locker room policies, found on page 3.
Pool Area is for Swimmers • Please observe your child’s swim lesson from the balcony.
We are currently not offering private instruction over the summer.
Do you need a few pointers on your swim strokes? Want to learn how to swim? We offer group lessons for adults that provide individual attention for the needs of each participant. No cost to members. Please call 547-2800 for availability.
Swimming lessons are offered during the summer months for youth of all ages and abilities, preschool through high school. Swimmers must use the appropriate locker rooms to change for lessons. Parents are not allowed on the pool deck during lessons; please use the balcony to watch. Please arrive on time. No admittance 5 minutes after lessons start.
All lessons are at no cost to members. Registration for Summer Swim Lessons will begin on May 4 and end on May 29. Please sign up in the Aquatics office. Class space may be limited, especially in the beginning levels. The Summer lessons will run from June 30 to August 8.
Sports Center Member Lessons: Monday–Friday
- Levels 1–6: 8:15–8:55am
Playground Programs: Monday–Friday
- Hartwick Playground: 9:00-9:40
- Milford Playground: 9:45-10:25
- Cherry Valley Playground: 10:30-11:10
- Cooperstown Playground: 11:15–11:55
Preschool Lessons: 12:00-12:30
- Mondays - 6–35 months with a parent
- Tuesdays - 6–35 months with a parent
- Wednesdays - 3 and 4 year olds
- Thursdays - 3 and 4 year olds
All school-age and pre-school swim lessons are for Clark Sports Center members only. Registration is required and you may do so in the Aquatics office. There will be no "drop-ins" allowed.
During pool hours, special groups will be using designated sections of the pool. They include:
- Tuesdays & Fridays, 12:30–1:0pm