Our 7th annual race will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2018. The race starts at 10:00am. Day of race check-in and registration will take place from 8:30-9:30am.
“A” race – 43 miles
“B” race – 23 miles
The race starts and ends at Brewery Ommegang, 656 County Highway 33, Cooperstown, NY 13326.
Individual registration received on or before Thursday, September 27: $40
Individual registration after Thursday, September 27: $55
* We will have a 5 person “TEAM” race. Each person must register individually and specify on their registration sheet if they are with a team. The 5 person team will have each racer’s time added. An overall award will be presented to the team with the lowest total time. It will be a non-gender specific race and 5 people must race in the A group to count.
Note: Athletes must be 16 years old or older to participate.
Racers may pre-register online, at the Fitness Center Desk or by mail. Day of race check-in and day of race registration is available at Brewery Ommegang from 8:30-9:30am.
Race Waiver Form
All runners must have a Clark Sports Center waiver form on file. Children 18 and under must have this waiver signed by a parent. Waivers will be available on at the race or can be downloaded and printed from our site.
Awards will be distributed to the overall best male and female, as well as second and third place male and female in each division. Overall awards will also be presented to the senior division and team division. Winners will be announced within 30 minutes of the last finisher.
- The “A” ride (43 miles) is for experienced racers only. Men and women will race together.
- The “B” ride (23 miles) is a Citizen’s fun race. Despite being labeled as a race, we encourage riders of various levels to participate in the “B” field as long as they are comfortable with the distance and terrain. No experienced “licensed” racers will be allowed to ride in the “B” race. The “B” race will also be a shortened, less difficult route than the “A” course.
- We reserve the right to place riders in the field appropriate for their level of experience. If you hold a USA cycling license, you should register for the “A” race.
- All riders must wear approved helmets.
- The course will be open to traffic.
- Must be at least 16 years of age on race day.
- Ommegang will host a party at the finish line for racers and families. You must be 21 to drink.
- You may register at The Clark Sports Center or online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the race open to beginners? Yes! Beginner riders/racers are encouraged to register for the Citizens Race (“B” Ride).
Can I ride a mountain bike? You may ride a mountain bike or a single speed bike. Tri-bikes are not allowed. Due to insurance purposes, we cannot allow recumbent bicycles.
Are you affiliated with USA Triathlon? No, we are not.
What is the severe weather policy? We will make every effort to race, but safety is our #1 concern. If the forecasted weather is questionable, we will post updates to this event page about the race status, or you may call us at 547-2800 for information. Lightning and torrential flooding.
For all Drops to Hops questions, please contact Event Director, Doug McCoy, at (607) 547-2800, ext. 111.