Code of Conduct
The Clark Sports Center is a private recreational facility providing exceptional opportunities for those we serve. Our primary mission and objective is to provide safe, high quality youth, adult and family programming and outreach to best address the needs of our community. We seek to maintain an environment of respect and compassion consistent with our Guiding Principles. All members and others attending an event or utilizing the Center's facilities or grounds must adhere to all rules and policies of The Clark Sports Center and are expected to act in a safe, courteous and respectful manner at all times.
All requests and instructions by the Center's staff should be strictly followed and failure to do so may result in any person, including members, being directed to leave the premises.
Prohibited conduct at the Sports Center and Center-sponsored activity off-premises includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Possession of guns, knives or other weapons;
- Striking, attempting to strike or threatening to strike any staff person, member, visitor or any other person affiliated with the Center;
- Threatening, harassing or intimidating any staff person, member, visitor or any other person affiliated with the Center;
- Foul, profane or abusive language;
- Theft of any property;
- Use of illegal drugs;
- Use of alcohol except at organized events with advance approval of the Director of the Sports Center;
- Damaging the facilities of the Center in any way;
- Providing false information or records to the Center.
- Additionally, any criminal activity or acts or threats of violence may be reported to the proper authorities and prosecuted.
The Clark Sports Center reserves the right to deny, suspend, revoke or limit access to the Sports Center's facilities at its sole discretion in the case of any violation of this Code of Conduct or any rule or policy of the Center, consistent with applicable law. Any question arising regarding the meaning of any provision of this Code of Conduct should be brought to the attention of the Director of The Clark Sports Center. The Center's interpretation of any provision of this Code shall be final.
No Dogs Allowed Policy
Dogs are not allowed on Clark Sports Center property at any time (exception: service dogs).
Sex Offender Policy
Registered or convicted sex offenders are not eligible for membership in The Clark Sports Center or for participation in its programs and activities. Registered or convicted sex offenders shall not enter onto or loiter in the vicinity of the property of The Clark Foundation that is designated as The Clark Sports Center or other property of The Clark Foundation when used for programs and activities of The Clark Sports Center.
Children 6th grade and below are not allowed in the building between 6:00-8:30am and 6:00pm to closing unless accompanied by an adult.
Members and guests of The Clark Sports Center are expected to act in a safe and considerate manner. Persons must comply with the rules of each area of the Sports Center and directions of the Sports Center staff.
The Clark Sports Center is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the Sports Center and anywhere on its grounds. Alcohol, non-prescription drugs, and tobacco are prohibited. Foul or abusive language and physical altercations will not be tolerated. Animals, bicycles, and potentially damaging devices are not allowed inside of the building. Skateboards, scooters, and roller blades are not allowed on The Clark Sports Center grounds. Food and drink are allowed only in the downstairs pit area and in the restricted areas of the bowling alley. Drinks in glass bottles are prohibited inside The Clark Sports Center.
Appropriate attire is required to use the Sports Center facilities:
- Clean sneakers must be worn in the Fitness Center, Aerobics Room, racquets courts, and on the gym floor.
- Cleats are not allowed inside of the Sports Center.
- Bathing suits are required to enter the pool; Cut-off shorts and shirts are not allowed as pool attire.
- Babies must wear swim diapers.