The event will be held on Wednesday, November 25, 2020. The event starts at 8:00 am. The event ends at Tuesday, December 1 at 9:30pm.
Kidz Korner used to be a time for homework, quiet activities, and crafts with Peg Wilson in the Meeting Room. Now the Clark Sports Center is taking it virtual! Every Wednesday, an activity will be posted online for kids to complete at home.
Virtual Kidz Korner Activity for November 25–December 1, 2020
It’s important to remember all of the things that we are thankful for during this holiday. Use the following items to make a Thanksgiving tree!
- 1.5-2′ branch or twig
- Jar full of pebbles
- 12-15 hand cut leaves
- Decorative ribbon or rope
Virtual Kidz Korner Cooking Activity for November 25–December 1, 2020
These adorable cookies require no baking, and very young children can put them together easily with a little parental guidance.
You will need:
- Miniature peanut butter cups
- Mini chocolate sandwich cookies (we used fudge stripe cookies)
- Melted chocolate (we used frosting)
- Food-safe paint brush
- Yellow decorators icing
- Condiment squeeze bottle with narrow tip
- The orange parts of candy corn, cut into fourths (we used orange M&M’s)
To make pilgrim hats:
Separate chocolate sandwich cookies and scrape off filling. If you are using a fudge stripe cookie, simply turn upside down.
- Paint chocolate with paint brush on the wide end (top) of a peanut butter cup. If you are using a fudge stripe cookie, use frosting to create a small circle in the middle of your cookie.
- Place peanut butter cup upside down on cookie, using the chocolate (or frosting) as glue. If you use frosting, skip steps 3-5.
- Allow chocolate to harden for a few minutes so peanut butter cup no longer slides around on the cookie.
- Place the decorator icing in a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze the icing around the edge of the peanut butter cup where it meets the cookie.
- Stick a piece of candy corn in the icing to make a buckle.
- Allow hats to dry completely before eating.